Mewtwo is one of the most powerful Pokémon in the Pokémon Go kingdom and has an overall rating of 4.75/5. Players can obtain Mewtwo in EX Raids and it is certainly the most powerful psychic Pokémon you will ever catch. Mewtwo’s massive attack stat of 300 is a benchmark that is hard to cross for any Pokémon. Niantic never treated Mewtwo as a regular legendary Pokémon and keeping Mewtwo in its best form requires efforts. One will have to walk it 20KM to get one Mewtwo candy..
An Overview of Mewtwo
Mewtwo is one of the best-rated generalists that uses its psychic ability to confuse and disorient other Pokémon in battles with Psycho Cut, Shadow Ball or confusion. Hence, it is the best option for countering against the ‘Fighting,’ ‘Ghost,’ ‘Poison,’ and the ‘Psychic’ type of Pokémons.
Strengths of Mewtwo
- Mewtwo has a very high attack stat and is the best psychic type Pokémon.
- It is one of the Top- generalist. It is your best option to go for if the Pokémon against it does not resist psychic moves.
- MewtwoPokemon can withstand a lot of damage and has a greater bulk as compared to Alakazam and Espeon, which are its main competitors.
Weaknesses of Mewtwo
- Mewtwo cannot perform a Ghost Type fast move to pair up with its Shadow Ball ( another ghost type move which Mewtwo can perform).
- It might change in the future, but as of now, Mewtwo cannot learn various psychic type charge move, such as Psychstrike.
- It is tough to obtain Mewtwo and takes effort to power it up.
Best Moves of Mewtwo in Pokémon GO
- The moveset combining confusion and Shadowball can cause massive damage.
- If you want your Mewtwo to make a psychic type attack, its best to combine Psychic along with Confusion.
- To charge up Mewtwo, it is best to use Psycho Cut. Though this move does not have much DPS, but from the EPS perspective, it is great.
|Attack Type Resistance||Best Moveset to Use|
|Psychic Type Resistance||Psycho Cut and Shadow Ball|
|Ghost Type Resistance||Confusion and Psychic|
|Neither Psychic nor Ghost Attack Resistance||Confusion and Shadow Ball|
Best Mewtwo Counters in Pokémon GO
If you are battling Mewtwo, then here are the best counters that you can use against this top-rated generalist.
- Tyranitar- This Pokémon is the best one against Mewtwo as it double resists all Mewtwo’s psychic type moves. It resists Hyper Beam and Shadow Ball as well. However, Mewtwo’s Focus Blast can be super damaging for Tyranitar.
- Gengar– It is a Ghost-type Pokémon. Its triple resists Focus Blast, and double resists Hyper Beam. However, the Confusion and Psychic moves of Mewtwo can overpower Gengar.
- Mewtwo– Mewtwo can be super-effective in countering another Mewtwo by using Psycho Cut and Shadow Ball.
- Rayquaza– In ”Windy” weather, Rayquaza is the best choice to counter a Mewtwo. It has a good attack stat and amazing move set that makes it an overall good choice.
Some other Pokémon that are good counters for Mewtwo are:
- Pinsir (in rainy weather)
- Scizor (in rainy weather)
- Dragonite (in windy weather)
- Alolan Muk
CHECK: Pokemon Go Promo Codes List if you are also looking to get those!