With an overall rating of 4.5/5 and an attack stat of 234 along with an average defense stat of 162, there are many reasons why players often choose to power this Pokémon over others. Machamp is one of the most versatile Pokémons that can be your first choice in attack type Pokémon in most of the battle raids and especially in gyms.
An Overview of Machamp
There are several Pokémons who are of the fighting type with more overall stats as compared to Machamp. However, MachampPokemon still continues to be the fighting-type king of the metagame.
Strengths of Machamp
- Machamp’s moveset, along with its attack stat makes it the best fighting type Pokémon in Pokémon GO.
- Machamp deals super effective damages against normal gym defenders while taking down a gym in Pokémon GO.
- Finding Machamp candies is easier, and you can power it up in a hassle-free manner.
Weaknesses of Machamp
- Many normal gym defenders can learn Zen Headbutt as a fast move, and Dazzling Gleam as charge moves, which is Machamp is weak to.
- Machamp does not have a great bulk, which is something you might have learned if you already have a Machamp.
- Several Pokémons have a better attack stat as compared to Machamp. However, outperforming Machamp is another thing altogether. Machamp has some of the best movesets which makes it difficult for other fighting type Pokémons to outclass him.
Best Movesets of Machamp
- Counter and Dynamic Punch is perhaps the best moveset of Machamp.
- In case you want to pair up Karate Chop with Dynamic punch, then the result will be pretty similar to the moveset mentioned above, although with a slightly lesser DPS.
- As compared to Dynamic Punch, Close Combat lags slightly behind as the former leads to lesser energy waste. However, you can always keep it as an option.
- Certain combinations might not be possible on several technicality grounds. However, it will be available in the future.
Best Counters for Machamp in Pokémon Go
If you want to fight a Machamp, then are the best viable options:
Mewtwo– It is a psychic type Pokémon that single resists Machamp’s moves with its psychic moves.
Alakazam and Espeon– These Pokémons are glass cannons, which means that that can really hit hard by cannot tank many hits as they are fragile. These Pokémons are psychic type and have access to ‘Futuresight,’ something Machamp cannot resist.
Gardevoir– It is a psychic/fairy type Pokémon with lesser attack stat then the Pokémons mentioned above, but due to its type, it can double resist Machamp fighting type moves.
Rayquaza– This Pokémons has one a massive attack stat of 284. However, it is often used as a Dragon-type in battles over the flying type. Although it resists Machamp’s fighting type moves, but its air type moves of Air Slash and Aerial Ace are very effective either. You can settle for a Rayquaza in case you don’t have any of the Pokémons mentioned earlier.
Other Pokémons that you can use against a Machamp are